The beginning of my journey to finding self worth.

All our lives we are searching for approval. A meaning for life, someone to look up to, or to feel loved by someone; But how can we expect others to look up to us if we don't look up to ourselves? If we're always seeking approval from others rather than finding our own self worth.
I've never been fond of myself, and always found things to hate. In some ways i still do, but I'm now working on this. I'm a proud mother to a beautiful little boy, who i tried hard to conceive for 9 years. As a mother, I would ask myself the usual questions. How on earth did I produce such an amazing clever little boy, when I'm so nervous and insecure myself? What did i do to deserve this blessing, and how am I ever going to make him proud of me? He is amazing, unbelievably cute and so laid back, yet i would find myself feeling stressed wondering why i was so ugly? I suffer from depression and anxiety, and over time I'm sure that it will show through my blogs. I am hoping that as time goes by i will to build up my self confidence and self worth. We all deserve to be happy, and to be truly happy we need to learn to love ourselves first. I will be using my blog to share parts of my life and my passion with everything beauty. Finding this new passion is how i came about working for Oriflame. Oriflame is a cosmetics company originated from Sweden and i'm constantly learning about beauty products.


Life on a day to day basis is always different, no two days are the same. When you live with depression and anxiety it becomes an everyday battle to get motivated and even to do everyday things. We have to fight harder to make us feel proud of ourselves. We are always seeking other peoples approval to make us happy, and even when we get it we are never happy with our achievements. I am very hard working and it shows in how i bring up my son and am as a housewife. I decided that i wanted something for myself and Oriflame filled that void. Little did I know I would start writing a blog, or find that writing and my job would become such a huge passion. So, here is to my new found freedom and a positive way to express who i am. I hope that everyone who decides to read this takes the time to sit and realise we are all beautiful, and if we put our minds to it can achieve anything.


Thank you for reading

Toni x

No comments